If you're anything like me, then you would agree, one of the best parts of the holidays is the food! I can easily spend hours searching online to find the perfect recipe to bring to Grandma's house every year. If my dish isn't empty by the end of the night, I always feel like it was a recipe failure. So, naturally, I have a few fan-favorite recipes that I like to make every year! I will be sharing one appetizer, one side-dish and one dessert that are proven winners!
Pigs in a Blanket
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
48 cocktail-size smoked link sausages or hot dogs (from two 14-oz packages)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
2. Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
4. Serve with mustard or Buffalo & Blue Cheese Ranch Dip (see below).
Buffalo & Blue Cheese Ranch Dip
3/4 cup cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1. Combine all ingredients and mix.
Cousin Jammie's Mac & Cheese
1 Box Macaroni
2 Cups Milk
1-1/2 Cups Sour Cream
8 Cups Cheese
1 Stick of Butter
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. While the pasta cooks mix the eggs, milk, sour cream and salt together set aside.
3. When pasta is cooked drain but do not rinse. Mix the hot pasta with the cheese and butter, using the heat to start melting.
4. Once completely mixed pour in the egg mixture and cover the top with a layer of cheese for a crust.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is browned and bubbling.
1 (15 ounce) Can Pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 9in Unbaked Pie Crust
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
3. Pour into pie crust and bake 15 minutes
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
5. Cool and serve with lots of whipped cream! Store leftovers (yeah, right!) in the fridge.